Thread: Bagram Airbase 747 Crash. 7 Freight Dogs Gone West.

Bagram Airbase 747 Crash. 7 Freight Dogs Gone West.

Makes you realize how important it is to secure your loads, Balance your aircraft, take maintenance seriously and fly professionally. Who knows what happened but anyone of those things could have killed them.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bagram-airport-crash-video-surfaces-2013-4

Banned
    That video would suggest the pilot was in the process of recovering from the stall and unfortunately ran out of airspace. Or the possible unsecured load moved forward with the pitch downwards to make it look like recovery was in process.

I was impressed with the lack of commentary by the driver. Security patrol with dog? He was clearly texting at least twice during the video.
    Pretty ugly

A good friend of mine was on site when that happened. He was in a supply shed when it occurred. He thought they were being shelled again, as happens occasionally. To go outside and see that... wow...

~Chris
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Quote Originally Posted by Chris In Marshfield View Post
    A good friend of mine was on site when that happened. He was in a supply shed when it occurred. He thought they were being shelled again, as happens occasionally. To go outside and see that... wow...

~Chris
    I just got a call tonight a good freind of mine that I havn't seen in a while was the ride on mechanic. I'm just numb.
    Last edited by RV8505; 05-02-2013 at 10:04 PM.