Thread: Auto convert hyperlinks?

Question Auto convert hyperlinks?

Hal,

I brought this up in this thread: http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?...=2713#post2713. Do links automatically convert to hyperlinks or does it need to be done manually? This one just pasted in as a link (I copied it from the address bar in Chrome) but I've seen some that haven't. Just wondering/asking!

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I haven't ever seen it not convert links for me, Jim, though I will say that years of Windows usage has me in the habit of always hitting the space bar and / or pressing enter after pasting in a link as is needed in a lot of email clients, Word docs, etc., so that may be affecting my results(?)

I'll look at it, and see if I can figure out when it works and when it doesn't.

Thanks!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

It's configurable, If you're in the enhanced editor you'll see a "Automatically parse links in text" thing as the very first thing under Additional Options.
    I believe there's a place somewhere to change the default for a particular user (you can certainly do it on a forum wide basis if you're the administrator).

Thanks for the heads-up, Ron - it's on by default for everyone when using the advanced editor, and (as far as I know) enabled automatically using Quick Reply.

Jim, is there any chance you've unchecked the box when typing a link? When you're using the Advanced (full) editor to reply to or create a post, it's in the "Additional Options" section toward the bottom, right below the "Show your signatur" checkbox.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Hal, it wasn't me directly. It was in that thread that I linked to, I tried to copy and paste his links and they wouldn't parse so I manually added the links in my reply in that thread. Must have just been something to do with the typing or pasting by the OP. Thanks for looking, sorry for the goose chase.

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

I saw the other thread, but just misread your post here - my apologies for that. Anyway, I appreciate you bringing it up - it's a potential issue that we need to keep an eye on, and, with a little help from FlyingRon, it was a quick learning experience for me!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor