Thread: If you were to ride with Sean D. Tucker

If you were to ride with Sean D. Tucker

What would you ask him to do? Many years ago before I was married, I planned on taking aerobatic lessons. That idea was stopped when my wife said I could continue to fly as long as I didn’t do aerobatics.

So, almost forty years later I will be flying this next Wednesday with one of the greatest aerobatic performers. I what to have fun, experience new attitudes of flight and not get sick. I know that he has taken many like me for flights. What should I ask him to do that you believe I should not miss?

As I will fly at 3 P.M., should I skip lunch or will it not make any difference. My world of flight has occurred in the right side up 1 G realm. Maybe I should practice pulling a few G’s in the J-3 when giving Young Eagle rides this weekend.
    I am excited!

Last edited by Rick Rademacher; 06-20-2014 at 06:03 PM.

If I were going to fly with him, I would let him do anything he wanted and I would sit back and try to enjoy the experience. Might ask him if I could try to duplicate a maneuver or two as well. My two cents....

I've heard that you're not supposed to skip eating before an aerobatic flight. Not sure if it's true but I would look into it. Also, ask him to fly backwards!

As I fly a 65 H.P. 1946 J-3 Cub low & slow, it was a fantastic experience to fly with Sean and preform a few aerobatic maneuvers high and fast. He calmed my fears and made everything look and feel easy. With a few more hours under his tutelage, I believe even I could become an aerobatic pilot. If you ever have the opportunity to fly with Sean, don't hesitate even one second to accept the invitation. I offer many thanks to EAA for helping to arrange this adventure.