Thread: Beer, bluegrass, and/or RC planes?

Beer, bluegrass, and/or RC planes?

My dad and I are attending for the first time this year, Sun-Wed, and I want to show him a good time. Dad's an avid RC'er (kicking myself that we didn't make it the year the RC exhibit was at the museum). I'm already planning to take him by the RC planes at KidVenture, the EAA Museum, and the Wed. airshow, but wanted to ask if there's any RC things of interest we should hit.

Also, I was planning a side trip to New Glarus to get some Spotted Cow and Fat Squirrel, but I hear it's going to be on the EAA grounds. Can you recommend any shindigs to get some beer and music and hang with pilots (my favorite peeps!)

Many thanks!

There are over 153 establishments in Oshkosh that carry New Glarus Brewing Co. beers including, to my surprise, the EAA Aviation Center (but not Spotted Cow). Go to http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/inde...ers/BeerFinder for a complete list of locations in Oshkosh where you can get Spotted Cow and the other beers. Some of the beer tents and temporary eateries that spring up along Waukau Ave. during AirVenture will have Spotted Cow in the bottle. You also might like to try New Glarus' Raspberry Tart for a real treat. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it. Sure wish I could get it where I live, but New Glarus only distributes in Wisconsin.

No need to go to New Glarus for beer, but its a nice place to visit and has a number of really good pastry shops (don't bring your calorie counter!!) and Swiss restaurants in town.
    Last edited by Bill; 04-02-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    Bill

Sorry; like Bill, I have little to offer on R/C matters, but just wanted to note that just about every restaurant in Oshkosh has Spotted Cow on tap. You can purchase 12-packs in bottles at the Target right across from the field, as well as at just about every gas station in the area.

We drove up for the first time last year and were able to bring back several packs of Spotted Cow. My two sons got into a spirited but friendly disagreement over who should get the larger percantage of the bottles.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I look forward to Spotted Cow all year. I will be looking for the Raspberry Tart now as well. Not much going on with RC specifically. We are avid RCers as well as full scale pilots. There will be enough airplanes to keep dad plenty happy.
    Last edited by Rob Flansburg; 04-02-2013 at 02:59 PM.

One of these days I am going to rent one of the Oshkosh College gymnasiums across from the dorms where I stay for the purpose of indoor RC flying. While I am not that good, other could but on some great demonstrations and everyone could be given a chance to fly the small RC aircraft come rain or shine. All of this activity would take place in the evenings. On my return flight to Urbana, I am going to stop at Reese Field Muncie, Indiana to see the best RC heli event in the world at the AMA field next door. More on this event can be found here ->http://www.ircha.org/index.php?pr=Home_Page and
    Last edited by Rick Rademacher; 04-02-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Spotted Cow tastes fine, but has to much politics linked to it. I go elsewhere for a cold one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Delene View Post
    Spotted Cow tastes fine, but has to much politics linked to it. I go elsewhere for a cold one.
    Now I know who Deb Carey is. Thanks. Please indulge me the handful of Spotted Cows on my annual pilgrimage to WI.

Many, many thanks for your replies! Looking forward to Wisconsin brews!