Thread: WANTED: Original Stits Flut-R-Bug plans

WANTED: Original Stits Flut-R-Bug plans

Hi, while I have some fair quality copies from the San Diego Air & Space Museum, I am looking for original Ray Stits Flut-R-Bug plans, preferably the revised single-seat SA-5B, tandem-seat SA-6B or even the elusive (perhaps never made available?) side-by-side SA-6C. All three are well within LSA rules and, since originally powered by an A-65, should be very happy with a Rotax 912. Please PM me if you have a set you'd be willing to part with. Thanks!

PS--I found these original 1956-57 single- and two-place Flut-R-Bug flight test articles from Flying magazine online via Google Books. Enjoy!

http://books.google.com/books?id=gQo...epage&q&f=true

http://books.google.com/books?id=a2m...epage&q&f=true
    Last edited by cluttonfred; 04-03-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Banned
    I can't help with plans but I loved leafing through those old magazines especially the ads. Of particular revelation(to me) was the ad for the all new fiberglass Taylorcraft for 1956. I had no idea such materials were being used then in GA, let alone being manufactured and available for actual sale.

For anyone interested, I found this nice little site by a family that has owned multiple Flut-R-Bugs and even created a one-off, custom Thunder Bug with a stretched fuselage, spring gear and a cantilever wing. To my eye it looks like the marriage of a Flut-R-Bug with a Sonerai II, cute and appears to be great fun. Cheers, Matthew

Name:  thunder bug.jpg
Views: 3752
Size:  76.6 KB
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft