Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Georgia Air museum disposes of 29 planes, Most expected to be scraped.

What a shame, waste of our nations aviation history, sure other museums may have examples of these aircraft , but why couldn't they at least see if other museums could take them on rather than just scrap them, I'm sure lots of donated $$$$$ that went to the museum over the years were intended for these aircraft being "saved" not junked , hopefully the AF will have more say in this and try to get them to other museums or set aside until they can be put in them .................................. I was at Warner Robins earlier this year and noticed they had moved some of them and one of the museum people told me this was happening , I thought maybe he didn't get his facts right , but it appears to be true .................................................. .

News like this is so sad. When you see projects like the Sandbar B-25 where people desperately try to preserve every scrap of an old aircraft to get them back in the air. Then you have situations like this were the aircraft are mostly intact and are going to get tuned into soda cans. But I suppose it comes down to the almighty dollar. If scraping these can help save the museum and other rarer types of aircraft... I don't know, its just sad to see more history chopped up. Warbirds are meant to be seen and heard. To much of our Country's history is being forgotten to quickly.