Thread: hi, need help with my stits

hi, need help with my stits

hello, it occured to me as i was pulling battery cables from firewall to battery compartment, that i don`t know what to do with them once there! battery, starter, two starter solinoids?......I could use a drawing of the basic starter system layout. can anyone help me with that?

You need the Tony Bignelis books. EAA sells them. Each is a collection of articles describing a bunch of how to build an airplane topics, including answers to your questions.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

I rebuilt my Fly Baby's electrical system about a year ago. I developed a schematic based on Tony Binglis' books:

Name:  elect_s.jpg
Views: 2179
Size:  47.8 KB
    You should be able to alter that to match what you need in your Stits. I have a pull-type starter (no starter solenoid), but that would be easy to add.

Here's the full write-up on what I did:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/tech/new_elect.html

Click the "Electrical Work" link near the start of the page to jump to the schematic and explanations.

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 03-22-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Or check out the EAA videos and google bob knuckols(sp?) reference. Likely you have a master and starter solenoid, not two start. Look the same but function different. If you get lost in the search come back here you will find help.
    pat