Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New EAA.........again?

The New EAA.........again?

Oh, we got troubles in River City. Is it permissible for a lowly rank and file member to wonder WTH's happenin'. My guess is that Rod's vision was not what others had in view, or is it the other way around. I guess that would make it the same thing. I think we should all be privy as to what just is going down since we are members of that big aviation family that were are told we are. Each year I feel more like a visitor than a member. Of course talk like this is blasphemous.

Like the CIA quote from John 8:32: "And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

Can you clarify what you're talking about. I don't understand at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Can you clarify what you're talking about. I don't understand at all.
    Start with page 1 (Commentary) of December 2013 EAA Sport Aviation magazine.

This topic is like Groundhog Day. It just keeps repeating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Collins View Post
    This topic is like Groundhog Day. It just keeps repeating itself.
    ...and usually involving the same people doing the repeating. Now, if you will pardon me, I am going to go get the popcorn ready for this month's installment of "Why this month's issue of Sport Aviation is not like what we had back in the 'good ol' days' ". It's usually good as an idle distraction.
    Last edited by steveinindy; 01-06-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I read the Commentary on page 1 in the December 2012 issue of Sport Aviation and am encouraged. From my chair, Jack Pelton appears to be a grass roots aviation guy who understands aviation in a global context. That is very good for EAA and its members. I recently took the opportunity available from the EAA website to read early issues of The Experimenter. Such tools were not available in the fifties, or sixties and seventies for that matter. I believe the changes at the EAA national level have been made for the good of the aviation community in general and EAA members in particular. I also believe these changes were made honestly and sincerely. The downside is that the EAA doesn't look like it did. We can't have it both ways.

However, here is the good news. We can still have that same camaraderie Paul and his gang experienced in January of 1953 when they published their first Experimenter. That is at the Chapter level. Get involved in a local chapter, really involved. If you don't have a local chapter near you, start one. You won't ever regret it.
    Last edited by wltrmtty; 01-06-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wltrmtty View Post
    However, here is the good news. We can still have that same camaraderie Paul and his gang experienced in January of 1953 when they published their first Experimenter. That is at the Chapter level. Get in involved in a local chapter, really involved. If you don't have a local chapter near you, start one. You won't ever regret it.
    Well said.

Sorry but I have tried to become active in three different chapters and have not found success. My experience has been the folks at these gatherings were snobbish or more interested in the lunch than airplanes. I've had more fun hanging out with the locals at the little strip where I keep my plane. Some of them belong to EAA but have no local chapter. WTH, maybe it's me!

Quote Originally Posted by 58boner View Post
    Sorry but I have tried to become active in three different chapters and have not found success.
    My experience isn't that bad but I'm not going to drive >50 miles for chapter #3.

Only takes 10 members to start your own chapter.......

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS