Thread: Looking to buy a Just Aircraft Highlander - anyone got one please ?

Looking to buy a Just Aircraft Highlander - anyone got one please ?

G`day folks,

This is my first post so ... Hello. Im finish off my LSA licence ( RAA in Australia ) and now want to buy an suitable aircraft to enjoy a life time dream. I know what I want, your typical supercub layout and have looked at 3 aircraft that I thought will fit the bill.

I looked at the Cub Crafter S2 - Love it in every way but at 135K its to expensive. Yes, looked at a used one ( we call that pre loved in Australia ) but I still have to bring it over AND add 10% GST tax so could not get out of that for less than 120k

Next up I looked at the Savage cub, I liked it but found some pretty harsh comments about it regarding its stall... Its also going to be about 120k so putting this on the list but not at the top..

Lastly, the Just Aircraft Highlander - This ticks all my boxes and there is a 100 hour one for sale in the next state for 80k. Only thing I don't like is wooden wing ribs. Should I even be concerned about this ? Its performance is impressive, its also for sale by the dealer as his demo aircraft. He has build 4 or 5 aircraft already. Yes, I would get it checked out by a pro etc.

My wife likes side by side seating so this went down pretty well with her ..... but as she is 5 month pregnant with our first child ( a boy ! ) she will not be flying for a while which its fine as it allows me to get my hours up before taking her. I have only 15 hours but 3000 flying UAV and RC aerobats.

Thanks all and sorry for the long first post.
    Garth

Check out their new SuperSTOL wing model. You can retrofit on older highlanders as well.

The wooden ribs shouldn't be a concern at all. I have experience with Kitfoxes going back over twenty years and they really don't have trouble with the ribs. I wouldn't store one outside in the elements though.

-- Paul S