Thread: The Journalistic Enemy of GA Stirkes Again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Angry The Journalistic Enemy of GA Stirkes Again

This recently aired TV news piece from ABC Nightline makes my blood boil. It's so ignorant, error filled, slanted, biased, unbalanced, poorly edited, frought with misinformation, and all designed to provide a sensationalistic rant on how unsafe GA is. The voice-over commentary/rhetoric provides a distortion of public perception with the intent to scare the s**t out of them.

Once agian, it's irresponsible journalism at its worst and so damaging to our collective passion. The hyperboly of the words chosen in the voice-over will make you want to commit a felony.

The instructor in the story who obviously believed in the best intentions of the reporter when first approached to do the piece on how to recognize and recover from unusual attitudes, must now feel so duped and betrayed because the story was aired as "public beware of the dangerous and frightening aspects of GA". Keep in mind that the instuctor footage was shot a few months ago and then re-edited with inserts of the high profile accidents of the past 10 days. You should also know that the "reporter" is a pilot! He should be ashamed of himself. Nightline, once a pillar of respected and responsible journalism, should be ashamed.

Now go to your windows, open them wide and shout out, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore." Better still, can the guys make sure Advocacy sees the piece for any action they may see fit to express. We need to counter this crap!

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/vide...dents-18760718
    Last edited by Floatsflyer; 03-20-2013 at 12:37 PM.