Thread: Looking for info on an Anzani

Looking for info on an Anzani

I have an Anzani 3 cylinder radial that my grandfather purchased for his home-built plane when he was about 16. The motor was purchased in 1930 from Grey Goose Airways in Denver, CO for $750. According to the paperwork, the motor's only use was on a test stand for 7 hours. It does have dual spark plugs which, I'm guessing, would make it an Anzani-Brownback model. Is there some type of marking on the block which might tell me for sure? I do have all the paperwork from it's purchase, but have to dig for it. That might tell me but not sure. Looking for any info on it just for conversation sake, but also looking to find some type of value on it. Maybe I should try to get some pics of it if anyone might be interested in seeing what it looks like. And I am looking for the paperwork. That in itself should make for some interesting conversation.

Please do post some photos-

-

I have a friend that, if memory serves, has an Anzani or parts of an Anzani in his shop. He also has a significant amount of knowledge about these antique engines. PM me and I'll send you his contact info.

-CubBuilder

Going to try to get some pics this weekend. If not, it might be the following weekend.

You might try and contact the people at Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in NY State. I believe they're still running a Anzani on their Bleriot.

http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/