Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: No more Chad?

• You must be in a professional or managerial role.
    • You must be paid a minimum salary.
    • You don't get paid overtime. Conversely, you are given more freedom to manage your time--you don't have to "clock out" to go see the doctor, for instance. Keeping a timecard is often not necessary, except to report vacations, sick time, etc.
    • In some states (California, for instance), you cannot be placed on furlough (i.e. you must be paid your regular salary over shutdowns, whereas hourly employees can be required to use vacation or not be paid for the shutdown period).
    • The term "exempt" is derived from the rules declaring that the employer is exempted from overtime reporting for these employees. The overtime reporting requirement is enforced for all but those declared exempt by virtue of salary range, type of work, position, etc.

Banned
    Thanks Zack.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    • You must be in a professional or managerial role.
    A lot of large companies stretch this to the limits to avoid paying overtime

It may take a while to fill Chad's vacant position.
    Does anyone know if EAA has appointed someone to act as a temporary Homebuilt Community Manager until the role is filled?
    After all there is still a "Community" out here that will rely on having a contact to answer questions especially with Airventure fast approaching.
    I would personally appreciate having someone at EAA with authority to make decisions about Homebuilt volunteer activities, since I volunteer during Airventure and would like to start making plans for this year's show.