Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No more Chad?

You know, it is really hard for an organization to attract and hire good people when prospective employees see that there is a history of people being released.

Taken from the Van's Airforce Web Site. In Chad's own words.
    It's true folks. I'm hoping this can be reversed, but I was released on Friday. Didn't want to leave in the least and my hope is that I gt it back...soon.
    920-426-6806

I don't know what transpired for this to happen, but hopefully it is a misunderstanding between parties and can be resolved for both Chad and the EAA. Mistakes can happen on both sides of the fence, good teams work through them.

I was ready to leave the EAA, but the hiring of Chad Jensen told me, that this was an organization who cares about me as an experimental aircraft owner/builder. The turn around has been noteworthy, surely due in part, to Mr. Jensen. If people like Chad are easily discarded, I will lose faith in the future direction of the EAA.

I support repairing this issue and getting Chad Jensen back on the team. We need him!
    It's just one dam job after another

Brian C.
    Sport Air Racing League http://www.sportairrace.org/
    Race 155

I see this as a major blow to EAA . I see this is going to do little to help the organization that has had its image tarnished more and more. I have only talked with Chad a couple of times but beside being a great voice for the organization he brings a lot of experience from being a builder himself. I question a place that fires an employee that covers what the organization was founded on . I would say less and less experimental.

They always say actions speak louder than words. I see what homebuilders represent to them. Hopefully they realise the significance of their error. We will see

Jimmy

Working at EAA sounds like a hazardous occupation.

I've had the pleasure of knowing Chad for over 15 years now. With regard to this situation, there are aspects of it that are part of his personal and private life and are not for public consumption unless he deems otherwise. I'm sure he would appreciate it if people do not jump to conclusions about either EAA or himself.

First Joe, now Chad.

Don't know what else to say.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

EAA Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbomallard View Post
    I've had the pleasure of knowing Chad for over 15 years now. With regard to this situation, there are aspects of it that are part of his personal and private life and are not for public consumption unless he deems otherwise. I'm sure he would appreciate it if people do not jump to conclusions about either EAA or himself.
    Both Turbomallard and Hal Bryan are correct in what they've said. Chad is a friend and colleague to me as well. Any other speculative conclusions without knowledge of the situation are both incorrect and a disservice to Chad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Switzer View Post
    You know, it is really hard for an organization to attract and hire good people when prospective employees see that there is a history of people being released.
    If that were the case, the US aerospace industry would have died in the '70s.

Chad has contacts outside of EAA, if he wants to tell us the reason, he'll do so. But if he *doesn't* want to, we're doing him a disservice speculating about it. If he's trying to get his job back, he probably doesn't want to burn his bridges. In that case, focusing too much attention on him would be counterproductive.

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 03-17-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Knapinski View Post
    Both Turbomallard and Hal Bryan are correct in what they've said. Chad is a friend and colleague to me as well. Any other speculative conclusions without knowledge of the situation are both incorrect and a disservice to Chad.
    Then the question to ask is, then: Who at EAA will take over the work Chad was doing before his departure? Will this be a dedicated position (like Chad occupied), is someone else assuming "Homebuilders Community Manager" as a secondary task to their current duties, or has EAA decided that a dedicated homebuilt community manager is no longer needed?

Ron Wanttaja