Thread: Passenger warning size?

Passenger warning size?

Know I have to have NOTE: PASSENGER WARNING – THIS AIRCRAFT IS AMATEUR-BUILT AND DOES NOT COMPLY WITH FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS FOR STANDARD AIRCRAFT. displayed so pax can see it, but are there any regs about how big or what font, like there are for N-numbers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Noob builder View Post
    Know I have to have NOTE: PASSENGER WARNING – THIS AIRCRAFT IS AMATEUR-BUILT AND DOES NOT COMPLY WITH FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS FOR STANDARD AIRCRAFT. displayed so pax can see it, but are there any regs about how big or what font, like there are for N-numbers?
    No. However, it is a placard so standard placard guidance should suffice, ~1/8" high block letters. If the person inspecting the aircraft can stick his head in a read the placard, I think you'll be okay.

It may be that there is a regulation like 3" numbers that comes to mind.
    Aircraft Spruce and maybe Sporty" sell a stick on set of letters to put on the cockpit wall that does this and is cheap and convenient.

Not to forget that the EAA sells a decal sheet that will suit perfectly.

http://www.shopeaa.com/amateurbuiltdecalsheet.aspx
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.