Hello everyone.

I'd like to wonder, here, about the formation of a new division within the EAA: The MODERN AIRCRAFT ASSOCIATION.

In another thread, we've been discussing what is a showplane, what is interesting for people to look at, where the groups can park. We have divisions with in the EAA for Warbirds, Vintage, Homebuilts, etc. So why not MODERN aircraft?

I've heard people complain that a modern run-of-the-mill plane is not a showplane and that no one cares, but that's not true. A 1978 Bonanza (which would be in MODERN) is as interesting to onlookers as a 1968 172 (which is in VINTAGE).

AND,

there are a lot of new designs coming out, particularly in the LIGHT SPORT area, that are very new and sleek: Renegade Falcon, CTLS, SportCruiser---on and on. There are some, what, 130 light sport manufacturers now? These things, as well as the new planes being built by more venerable manufacturers, are of interest to people, as much as many others...

...so I thought I'd ask folks what they think about a MODERN AIRCRAFT ASSOCIATION, as part of the EAA just like Vintage is, or Warbirds...

See you at OSHKOSH!

Ciao

Jen