Keith - The Jab 3300's headers are approximately 1 1/8" i.d., but a 1 1/8" tail pipe expander will NOT fit! Probably doesn't matter anyway, as I've been told that the expanders will simply round-out pipes and push out dents, but not actually expand something as tough as the .050 stainless header. Apparently, it takes a commercial-quality hydraulic expander to stretch the pipe, but most muffler shops don't have anything as small as 1 1/8".
Another elegant solution is to bead the header, but the only one I've seen was done by a custom-made bead roller. Of course, you have to remove the headers and do a lot of beading and individually fitting to get it "just right."

I wound up using the Wurth's Assembly Paste with a couple of Tiger Patch wraps arouind the header adjacent to the end of the slip joint to help hold the sealant in place. The Tiger Patch was so thin and slightly tacky that a couple of wraps is all I could manage before it starting gumming up and getting uneven. So, I abandoned any more attemps at more than two wraps each header and butted-up stainless hose clamps against the end of the slip joints to further obstruct it and retain the sealant. I preheated with a heat gun, idled the engine for a few minutes to cure everything, and then flew for about an hour. So far, no leaks, but of course, the problem with all these fixes is the duration of the "fix." So, that's to be determined!
Quote Originally Posted by kmacht View Post
I'm a sonex builder but am using the aerovee so my comments may or may not apply. If it is just a matter of the two muffler pipes not fitting tightly together they make a tool called a tail pipe expander that you can use to make the inside pipe a little bigger for a snugger fit. Harbor freight sells a few different sizes for under $20 or you can usually rent one from your local autozone or Napa. An impact gun with a socket works best to make these tools effective although you can get away with a long breaker bar if you don't have one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/medium-...der-37353.html

Keith