Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting my flight training tomorrow!

Sorry for the delay in posting, had work commitments and was ill for a week so there was a delay in my training. Got to go up on Saturday and Sunday this past week. Got to do steep turns, stalls, and touch and gos. Having so much fun and it is very challenging! I am hoping ot get scheduled for both days this weekend as well!

We are getting to Spring , the time of the year when it often is more windy in the Denver area, and more turbulent enroute.
    So, when you are flying dual with a CFI, it would be well to go up on some windy days and learn to handle it, especially crosswinds, so you won't be unprepared when solo.

Otherwise, the Gobosh is a very light wing loaded airplane, so wind will affect it. If you are ever solo and the crosswind is too much ( I don't know the limit,but perhaps over 15 knots or so) don't hesitate to go to the other runway and APA has both , or even go to another airport.

And mostly Boulder and Metro are windier than Apa. And usually winds are calmer in the morning and pick up in the afternoon and then calm again at dusk.
    If the 9,000 foot winds are over 25 knots it can be pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    We are getting to Spring , the time of the year when it often is more windy in the Denver area, and more turbulent enroute.
    So, when you are flying dual with a CFI, it would be well to go up on some windy days and learn to handle it, especially crosswinds, so you won't be unprepared when solo.

Otherwise, the Gobosh is a very light wing loaded airplane, so wind will affect it. If you are ever solo and the crosswind is too much ( I don't know the limit,but perhaps over 15 knots or so) don't hesitate to go to the other runway and APA has both , or even go to another airport.

And mostly Boulder and Metro are windier than Apa. And usually winds are calmer in the morning and pick up in the afternoon and then calm again at dusk.
    If the 9,000 foot winds are over 25 knots it can be pretty rough.

Thanks for the heads up Bill!!!

I'm glad to hear you are starting your flight training. I bet you never regret it!!
    plans building a Sonex!!