Thread: New Website Regstration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Website Regstration

It is good that vintage has a new website. But why is registering like figuring out Rubic's cube?

I recieved the e-mail inviting me to register, and that e-mail included the "secret code" necessary. Outstanding. But why did I need to provide my VAA number? Since VAA has my e-mail addresss, couldn't we use that in the process to confirm membership? Amazon and EBay do...

But the site required me to provide my VAA number. So I looked at the mailing label on the issue of Vintage Aviation which arrived today. Presumably my member number is one of the half dozen likely looking numbers on the mailing label, but which one? It certainly isn't clearly identified.

I picked one of the six and submitted the application. No telling if it was the right one, and the website said "It'll take up to 48 hours for approval".

C'mon guys, this doesn't have to be so hard. Make things easy for your customers/members. Heck, if you're gonna ask for my VAA number, why not at least clearly identify it on the mailing label for the magazine. It ain't like my VAA number (or the card) is something I keep up with.
    Last edited by Kyle Boatright; 03-04-2013 at 07:41 PM.