Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AirVenture Changes

THEY USED TO HAVE McDONALDS?!? I've only been attending since '05, so have only known Zaug's.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Getting rid of Mcdonalds is positive move! Mcdonalds is nasty!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67DvoH2H3E

Banned
    I'll admit to giving in to a guilty pleasure and having a Big Mac once a year(maybe) but please NO Macdonalds anywhere on site. That stuff is NOT within the category of food!

Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    Getting rid of Mcdonalds is positive move! Mcdonalds is nasty!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67DvoH2H3E

Nobody was force fed a McDonald hamburger at AirVenture that I know of and it was not the only choice. Seems like I also recall a lot of EAA'ers eating off-airport at some of the local McDonalds. Whatever. Bon Appetit .......

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    THEY USED TO HAVE McDONALDS?!? I've only been attending since '05, so have only known Zaug's.
    Yep.

All things being equal (and they never are) I would probably choose not to eat at McD's at AirVenture and go for something with a more home made or local flair (think the Sacred Heart Parish stand outside of the main gate.)

But, if it were a case of paying as much for a single hot dog through Zaug's as you can for an entire meal at McD, well my bank account (and my wife, the household accountant) will probably opt for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
    Nobody was force fed a McDonald hamburger at AirVenture that I know of and it was not the only choice. Seems like I also recall a lot of EAA'ers eating off-airport at some of the local McDonalds. Whatever. Bon Appetit .......
    I wouldn't kiss a pig either but people do. I found this below funny.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Page...your-side.html

I for one will not miss Zaug's. I always thought I'd have a stroke after a few days eating all that fried food. I remember complaining to one fellow California pilot about Zaug's, and he said "they would fry a salad if they could."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Arnold View Post
    I for one will not miss Zaug's. I always thought I'd have a stroke after a few days eating all that fried food. I remember complaining to one fellow California pilot about Zaug's, and he said "they would fry a salad if they could."
    Zaugs (and any other service) is likely constrained by speed of service needs. Serving 75,000 people lunch in a two hour window generally means they are batch cooking food, keeping it warm, and selling the same basic 2-3 meals to everyone who walks up. Unless you're willing to pay twice the price and/or wait forever, fresh food and food customization (ala Subway) are probably not gonna happen at an event like Airventure.

I buy a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread and eat lunch all week for ~$10 without eating fried food or standing in line. That way, I don't feel as much guilt when I have Brats and beer for dinner at SOS Brothers every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    fresh food and food customization (ala Subway) are probably not gonna happen at an event like Airventure.
    I think you will be in for a very pleasant surprise.