Thread: b17 flight

Happy b17 flight

On my very first time in Oshkosh, I could fly on the Bell 47G, on the Ford Trimotor and - that was "the" experience - on the B17G Aluminum Overcast. I enjoied very much that flight on such a beautiful plane. I want to thank the crew and all EAA people keeping her flying.
    P.s.: I started with this warbird illness a couple of years ago flying (left seat) a 1944 C45. A few month ago I tried to cure it getting some stick & rudder time on a 1943 T6. No way. Now, after flying on Aluminum Overcast, I know that I'll never be cured. Now I'm thinking about flying a P51 and a C47... Am I crazy?

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giancarlo Riolfo View Post
    Now, after flying on Aluminum Overcast, I know that I'll never be cured. Now I'm thinking about flying a P51 and a C47... Am I crazy?
    Are you crazy? Yes, but in a very good way, Giancarlo! So glad to hear you've got the illness! You're in good company here!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Yes, good and great company! It's unbelivable for an Italian guy to see so many warbirds all together as I've seen in KOSH. We have only three T6s flying and a few L4s and L5s. That's all.
    Anyway, once again I want to salute people keeping Aluminum Overcast flying and in such a good shape. Today I recived the B17's flight jacket: I'll wear it very proudly at my flying club in Italy.

I recived today September's issue of Warbirds and - what a surprise - I've found an article (How to take care of a B-17, by C. Ott) about people keeping Aluminum Overcast flying and another article (The 11th man, by J. Admire) ragarding a flying experience on the B-17. I liked 'em very much.