Thread: Shipping Camping Gear to AirVenture

Shipping Camping Gear to AirVenture

Suppose I wanted to tent camp and didn't want to lug all the gear on the airlines. Is there a destination address at AirVenture where I could send my stuff in advance? Thanks.

You could always ship it to Hal's house. (Just kidding)

From the Airventure web site:

Hours and address information for 2013 coming soon!

The United States Postal Office will NOT have a location on the convention site. Do not ship your items via the US Postal Service.

INBOUND SHIPPING: For Attendees (not exhibitors/vendors)

FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. – Must be picked up at the GES Service Trailer, located on the west side of Exhibit Hangar D. Map of GES Service Trailer location

OUTBOUND SHIPPING: For Attendees (NOT exhibitors/vendors)
    FedEx will have an on-site tent location for outbound shipping. Map of FedEx location
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Quote Originally Posted by N404CX View Post
    Suppose I wanted to tent camp and didn't want to lug all the gear on the airlines. Is there a destination address at AirVenture where I could send my stuff in advance? Thanks.

Sent you a PM

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
    You could always ship it to Hal's house. (Just kidding)
    Nice!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

The last time that I attended OSH I was surprised to find out that at the mall out past the departure end of RWY 27 you can buy the camping gear that you need after arrival, and around the corner there is a Goodwill store (I think) where you can donate it when you are going to depart. I actually spoke to someone who was doing that.

So perhaps you do not need to ship.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

You can ship your stuff in advance to Oshkosh. There is a place for receiving on site. I shipped my camping gear in advance last year, among other things. The biggest issue you will have is how you will get your boxes from the receiving warehouse back to your camping spot I always donate some bulky things like chairs to Goodwill at the end of my trip. I do recommend that you try to buy some things that are cheap enough (like chairs) at Walmart once you get there as the freight will be more than the value of the item.