Thread: Lubricants and sealants - unofficial pole

Lubricants and sealants - unofficial pole

Just wondering what you use for the typical sealants and lubricants in your aircraft.
    For example: fuel fittings, fuel gaskets on fillers, throttle cables, door hinges, pulleys, fuel tanks, aileron cables(chains), etc. Thanks.

Aviation Form-A-Gasket #1, Fuel Lube, LPS-2, LPS-3, LPS-1, Kroil. Not necessarily in that order.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

DC-4 for oil filters and RADAR waveguide O'rings.
    MIL-8802, PRC-8802, DTL-8802 for sealing fuel cells and around (military) antenna bases
    Titeseal for older engine cases (unless the overhaul manual has been revised)
    Weldwood contact cement for upholstery repairs

Quote Originally Posted by CAVU Mark View Post
    Just wondering what you use for the typical sealants and lubricants in your aircraft.
    For example: fuel fittings, fuel gaskets on fillers, throttle cables, door hinges, pulleys, fuel tanks, aileron cables(chains), etc. Thanks.
    fuel fittings - hylomar
    fuel gaskets on fillers - you mean around the cap on the filler neck? just the gasket
    throttle cables - neverseize
    door hinges - don't have a door, have a canopy
    pulleys - don't have them
    fuel tanks - MIL-S-8802 specification
    aileron cables(chains) - don't have them

Thanks for your responses. Let me offer some more specifics in one area: Fuel tank with a threaded filler neck, sumps with gaskets, steel to aluminum fitting for fuel drains, and threaded aluminum to aluminum fittings for vent lines. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by CAVU Mark View Post
    Thanks for your responses. Let me offer some more specifics in one area: Fuel tank with a threaded filler neck, sumps with gaskets, steel to aluminum fitting for fuel drains, and threaded aluminum to aluminum fittings for vent lines. Thanks again.
    Bump

Not airplane related, but use silicon spray on your snow blower and snow shovels. You can't believe the improvement (of course you can restrict its use to around hangars etc)!

I never lube those. Ever. I do use gasket sealer on the threaded fittings.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS