Thread: TSA's Latest

TSA's Latest

Just when you think some common sense and plain old basic decency might be creeping into TSA, they exceed themselves in the negative direction.

Please go on Fox news (yes, I know they can be wrong, but not always) and read about the brave folks at TSA making a 3 year old girl cry. She is in a wheelchair due to spinal biffida and was on her way from St. Louis to Disneyland with her family.

And no, I didn't make this up unfortunately.

Your taxpayer dollars at work. What they need to do is have the TSA management head to Israel and take some lessons from El Al. What in the world is wrong with these people? My wife is a lovely 61 year old lady with salt and pepper hair. She's been pulled out of line a couple of times for extra screening. Yet I'm a so-so looking guy with a Santa-like beard and have never been pulled out of line. Makes a lot of sense.

David

Must be the beard. Can your wife grow one?
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by rosiejerryrosie View Post
    Must be the beard. Can your wife grow one?
    Always good to start the day with a laugh!

David

My favorite was when I was travelling TDY in uniform and got tagged with the dreaded SSS code in the ticket ("Special Screening Stuff" is what I declared it to mean). I never faulted the TSA folks - they're just doing their job - but it was hilarious to sometimes have a twenty-something complaining about profiling while waiting for the extra screening and bag search, only to point out that he was complaining to a Soldier in uniform who was invariably standing next to an eighty year old woman.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

And back in the day, Frank, I used to travel with classified and a .45 in my brief case with no problem...
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Yep, done that too!

But I went to the side for screening with documentation on those runs.

Loads of goofy looks when one is waved around the metal detector. Indeed, it was less of a hassle when I carried a firearm on an aircraft than when I didn't.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.