My wife, who has been ultra-supportive in the 11-year effort to build my plane, confided to me the other day that she has some concerns about taking it on a long-distance flight, principally her inability to move around much (she has Sjogren's and often has muscle cramps), but also that she found the headsets quite uncomfortable. And well she should, they were a pair of cheap Sigtronics headsets that I bought when I sold some David Clark's to raise more money for the airplane project many years ago.

I'm going to try to move the rudder pedals in the RV-7A forward a notch to give her a little extra room and I'm going to buy a new pair of headphones -- maybe two, since in the last couple of weeks my own Meniere's Disease is now taking out "the good ear," just as it did with the bad one several years ago.

This is an area where I'm not going to spare expense b/c it's pretty important to have her as comfortable as possible. I'm looking at a pair of Bose A20 and would like to hear some reviews from those who have used them. And I'm interested in hearing any reviews of other high-end headsets and recommendations, quirks, pros, cons etc.

Thanks!