Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New High Speed Forum

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Bill - I do speak English, but, some days, I think "geek" is actually my mother tongue. Then again, put me in a room full of geeks and they'll all wonder what I'm saying when I mention something cryptic like "VOR" or, if I've had a few drinks, "pitot heat."

Far more importantly ... I'm glad you like the picture. It's one my wife took on a trip to visit my "adopted family" of airplane guys in Guelph, ON, Canada. It's me in a Canadian-built Moth, slipping down on short final. I hope to be back there doing that again in just over a month ...

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

With the recent popularity of the HP Touchpad, there may be some people coming up with problems with the browser here too. I was able to get one (couldn't resist at $90.) When I login, it says I'm logged in, but I'm redirected back to the login screen. When I go back to the messages, it says I'm logged in, but I can't open attachments. I seem to be able to post a message though.
    There are a few people with vBulletin login problems with the Touchpad I found on search results too, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the board's configuration.
    Sometimes I miss CompuServe, but then I remember it cost $12/hour.

Ok, Hal as for as this new tech stuff goes, it is as if I was held hostage in Iran for the last 15 years and just came back to the modern world.
    I have, however flown a Tiger Moth and landed it on the grass at Duxford. Top that, nerds!
    We got Fleet and Tiger rides from Cam, and Bruce, the nice guys at Niagara south airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    I have, however flown a Tiger Moth and landed it on the grass at Duxford. Top that, nerds!
    We got Fleet and Tiger rides from Cam, and Bruce, the nice guys at Niagara south airport.
    I'm betting the Cam and Bruce you're talking about are friends of mine - small world! As far as landing a Moth at Duxford, the closest I can come (aside from being a passenger in a Rapide that did just that) was parking a rented Vauxhall in the parking lot.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Didja ever figure out what's different between your settings and Neil's (STUDENTPILOT.COM)? (Since he's an exhibitor, I bet he'd be happy to let you know what settings he's using.)
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

Sort of, though I haven't talked to Neil yet - I will, he's a friend that goes back a ways. Anyway, this is an issue that vBulletin is aware of and they've announced that they will fix it in their next release (4.1.5.) They have released bit of javascript code that appears to resolve the problem, and is likely what some other boards are using, so I'm looking at what it would it take to install that, but, to be honest, it depends on how long it's likely to be before vBulletin just releases their actual update.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

To quote the line from The Right Stuff (movie version): "Fair 'nuff!"
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

Yeah !
    Even I don't have any problem with IOS.And Its working so good .

this is one big improvement in a forum. why did it take so long???????? THANKS!!!!!!!! Name:  IMG_2036.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  93.6 KB i feel so much better.
    Ed DArcy 'Turbo'
    R-44 N7511G 1,300 hrs / RV-6 N26ED 4,700 hrs / helicycle 100 hrs
    Stuart, FL Hartford,Ct Virgin Gorda, BVI