Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New High Speed Forum

New High Speed Forum

Thanks Hal!!!

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brossett View Post
    Thanks Hal!!!
    Thank YOU! All of you for sticking it out and then joining us here now that we're up and running!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I am not very knowlegable about computers and that techno stuff, and not primarily very interested in it. but it seems to me that it works well, certainly a lot better than the 365 did.

And I finally think I figured out the colors also. It's the scheme of a golden gopher, right Hal?

Well, the yellow is very close to that used on some locomotives I know....
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

Hal - in all seriousness, this is a huge improvement. One small request - could you check the settings and see if it could be tweaked a bit better for iOS devices? STUDENTPILOT.COM uses the same bulletin board software, version 4.1.4, and my iPad doesn't have issues with CRLF's being dropped on that site. Also, the "smart text" stuff works over there for me - emoticons, font features and so on. Over here, they seem to get covered up by the text box. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    And I finally think I figured out the colors also. It's the scheme of a golden gopher, right Hal?
    Hmm ... I was born in California, lived in Washington for a few decades, then moved to Wisconsin ... I don't see Minnesota anywhere on that list...

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Meder View Post
    One small request - could you check the settings and see if it could be tweaked a bit better for iOS devices? STUDENTPILOT.COM uses the same bulletin board software, version 4.1.4, and my iPad doesn't have issues with CRLF's being dropped on that site. Also, the "smart text" stuff works over there for me - emoticons, font features and so on. Over here, they seem to get covered up by the text box. Thanks.
    Bob - this is next on my list. SmittysRV posted about some issues he had on IOS as well. If you could please provide a set of really specific steps to reproduce the issues you're having with the iPad, that would be very helpful. I have an iPad 2, and access to a first-gen, so if I can see exactly what you're seeing, that will make troubleshooting and testing a lot simpler.

Thanks -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Bob - this is next on my list. SmittysRV posted about some issues he had on IOS as well. If you could please provide a set of really specific steps to reproduce the issues you're having with the iPad, that would be very helpful. I have an iPad 2, and access to a first-gen, so if I can see exactly what you're seeing, that will make troubleshooting and testing a lot simpler.

Thanks -

Hal
    Hal - I hope this is clear. I did this from IE7 at the office, and the area highlighted in green is what's not showing up:
    forum_issue.pdf

Thanks, Bob - that gives me a clear idea of the display issue.

I'll let you know what I find out.

- Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

I don't see any trouble with my IOS or my CRLF. Actually since I don't know what that stuff is, I can't tell whether it is working or not.
    Do you guys also speak English?
    Anyway my Bonanza seems to be flying just fine, so guess an IOS or CRLF is not something critical to an airplane.
    I know what a Fleet and a Tiger Moth are, and sure like the photo that looks like one.