Oh look I found a place to type. Now if I could find my way back. Note bring dry bread next time. No I'm not a total 12:00 flasher. Having my own electrical contracting company for 15 yrs and doing a lot of instrumentation most of my devices at home read the right time, more than twice a day. The one on the dash of the International Pro Star Lori and I are driving now still gives me some fits.
Lori (my loving SO) and I found ourselves in pain everyday after work from years of hard physical effort with not much to show for it. At 50 and 60 plus we got our class A CDL's and now drive 48 states for a large carrier. We love it, the pains are much less now and we have started to save some money. Driving wouldn't be all that great without a little carrot to give us incentive. Having had my pilots license but not current flown hangliders been in the Air Force and always loved flying. I gathered up every bit of info I could get my hands on to see if I could spark some interest in Lori. After going to the Stearman Fly-in at Galesburg Ill and the both of us going up for a spin flying stunts I've got her hooked. She loved it. The first words out of my mouth to the owner Dave and the pilot Brian was "I've got to get one of these!!!!
So we are closing down our ranch in the Bay Area in CA. Driving hard so we can fly. I take a map snap shot of every small airport we pass that looks interesting, I have over 300 I look them up on AirNav to find out all I can about them. Building quite a big data base of airports to fly. Grampa's Farm airport in Ill was one of the first.
Enough background on me. We are checking into the list of adviser and keeping touch with friends we made at Galesburg, and looking foreword to making many more. Thanks for this site
Gayle and Lori