Thread: Rotec aerosport

Rotec aerosport

I would like to know if anyone has had trouble geting an engine from these people or that I'm the only one. They have had my money down in Australia for well over a year and all I get is one excuse after the orther. I think the EAA membership should be made aware of this before sending money to these people.

I don't know that web site, but oddly the contact details are not the same as the Rotec factory site here: http://www.rotecradialengines.com/contact.htm
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

I know who to contact. I know one of the brothers left the company. I know they are building a new factory. I know the machinery is on site and ready to be hooked up. I am just up-set about being lied to that I would get my engine 3 months after they received full payment. Its been 13 months that I have given them an interest free loan of 24k. The only unsolicited e-mail I ever got from them was to ask for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nieuport View Post
    I know who to contact. I know one of the brothers left the company. I know they are building a new factory. I know the machinery is on site and ready to be hooked up. I am just up-set about being lied to that I would get my engine 3 months after they received full payment. Its been 13 months that I have given them an interest free loan of 24k. The only unsolicited e-mail I ever got from them was to ask for money.
    Get a friendly attorney to send them a letter on the company letterhead.
    Funny how John Q. Public can whine and complain to no effect but an "Official Greeting" from a Barrister can cause people to get their thumb out...

Besides; It might be fun!

Chris
    You Tube only proves that more airplanes have crashed due to Video Camaras than any other single reason...

I've even been told to have my cogressman get hold of the Australian embassador. You may be right, but that is a hell of a way to run a business.

On March 23, 2020 I ordered an alternator upgrade kit from Rotecaerosport for my CH601XL-B. I had a series of problems with this company, including:

1. They promised me a total price of $750 for the kit: $625 for the kit and $125 for shipping. However, my credit card was charged twice for the kit, once to my credit card and another to a PayPal account. So, I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges. They said the second charge was fraud and cancelled my credit card. Then they sent me a new card, but my account showed a charge above the $750 agreed upon amount. I asked Paul Chernikeeff of Rotecaerosport to issue me a credit for the overcharge. He said that he would do it. Fortunately, on 8 April I get a credit for the overcharge to my credit card.

1. When I ordered the alternator kit, Paul told me that I would get it at the Sun n Fun special price of $625. However, when I checked the Rotecaerosport website I discovered that the Sun n Fun price was actually $525. I was overcharged $100. On three separate occasions, I sent email messages to Paul asking that he refund me the $100 price difference. He never responded to any of them. My assumption is that he will not give me the refund.

1. On the Rotecaerosport.com website it very clearly states that all items are shipped via Fedex. So, I expected that the company would use that shipping service. Instead, the alternator was shipped via Auspost. The Auspost website showed that the alternator was shipped on 27 March 2020. As of today, 14 April 2020, it has been 19 days and the alternator has not arrived. Moreover, I have checked the Auspost website for the past 15 days and there is no update on the status of the shipment. So, I emailed Paul of Rotecaerosport and asked him about the status of the shipment. He told me to check the Auspost website and that he could not provide any additional information. I then told him that his website stated that all items were shipped Fedex and asked why the alternator was not shipped that way. He told me that his company had nothing to do with the website. I was shocked at hearing this because orders are placed through the website and its's his company.
    2. I then asked Paul why the alternator was not shipped via Fedex. He wrote the following: "FedEx shipping was not available in my area at the time of shipping so EMS was used instead." I checked the Fedex website and it showed 7 Fedex office locations in Melbourne, Australia. See https://local.fedex.com/en-au/melbourne/

So, Paul's excuse for using Auspost does not seem credible. Note, in addition, that the Auspost service is notoriously poor. When checking the Internet for reviews I found the following website:
    https://www.productreview.com.au/lis...australia-post
    The site had 8,730 reviews of Auspost. 6,346 of these were highly negative. That 72.69%. Many users of Auspost wrote that it could not even deliver packages within the same city in a reliable and timely manner. Thus, Paul should not have shipped the alternator kit via Auspost.

1. Since ordering the alternator kit from Rotecaerosport at least 5 fraudulent charges have appeared on the credit card I used to order the alternator. Several of these were from Amazon in Australia. Note the I never had this sort of problem before ordering the alternator from Rotecaerosport. When I reported this problem to my credit card company they cancelled my card to prevent further fraud.

Overall, my experiences with Rotecaerosport can be summarized in a few words, frustrating, irritating,and horrible. Had I known that the company would provide such poor service, I never would have done business with them.