Thread: Anyone recognize this fuseladge frame?

Anyone recognize this fuseladge frame?

I was recently given this fuseladge and parts. It appears to have a VW base attached with a single mag. It has tandem seating with doual controles. The bubble canopy swings over to the right side. I beleve it is intended to have a tailwheel.

See attached photos.

Name:  GEDC0158.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  95.0 KBName:  GEDC0159.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  95.9 KBName:  GEDC0161.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  92.4 KBName:  GEDC0165.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  93.5 KBName:  GEDC0164.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  96.1 KBPlease contact me at:tailwheel4@juno.com
    Thanks for any help in identifying and any information as to plans available.

It is a Sonerai of some variety, I believe.

Yup. Sonerai II Mid Wing. Looks like one that was around here for a while. Where are you located.

EAA Staff
    Sonerai plans and component parts are available from Steve Bennett at Great Plains Aircraft Supply: http://www.greatplainsas.com/sonerai.pdf Steve also provides VW engine kits and has hosted forums on VW engine rebuilding and conversion at Airventure for years, and is great to work with. I owned a Sonerai llLT for many years - it was a real hoot to fly!

EAA Staff
    Also,you are right, as shown it does need a tailwheel, but there are conversion plans available from Steve if you wish to change it to a tri-gear version, and also plans to convert it to a low-wing if you choose.