So can anyone give the the details on Use tax on homebuilts registered in connectiut. I have scratchbuilt a sonex and am getting close to needing to register it. I tried reading through the state statutes but it is very confusing. There is an excemption for sale of aircraft and purchase of aircraft parts for aircraft manufacturers in ct. Does building an experimental qualify me as a "manufacturer"? If not, how do I determine how much I have to pay the state? The rate is 6.35% but what is that a percent of? My plane is made up of some parts purchased from the manufacturer, some bought in the state, some bought used from other builders, etc. I have some recipts but not every purchase included a recipt such as a number of "used" parts I bought from another builder. I don't have a nice neat bill of sale for a kit from the manufacturer to send them. I realisticly have about 16k into the plane but most sonex are selling for between 25 and 40k. Someone here has to have been through registering a new experimental aircraft in connecticut before. I just need some direction.Keith