Right now I am a full-time high school sophomore as well as a student pilot. I am based in Burlington, WI, and flying out of 5K6. So far, I have completed 15 of the 40 hours I need. However, with rising maintenance costs for airplanes, each flight lesson is costing me around $170. Until this point, I have managed to find money through various jobs and projects, but the cost has caught up to me and I am no longer able to complete my flying lessons.

I have been paying for my flight lessons at the Westosha Flying Club, but I must pay $55 monthly, $50/hr for my flight instructor, and $70/hr for the 152. Do you guys have any advice on how to get more money to complete my training? Currently my written exam is scheduled for February the 15th so that I can try to earn a scholarship, but I have already applied for many others and had no luck. I set up this website to try to get donations, but I have not had any luck with that either. I am really desperate for funds as I don't have anything left. I appreciate your advice.

Eric
ericbeets.com