Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survey – Decline of Personal General Aviation

For a minute there I thought PGA activity concerned golfers. Not another acronym to describe what we do??!! If you supplied a comments section, why you'd have the last 10 pages of your thesis written by us.
    Speaking of hangars - at my airport, there's a 60% occupancy rate. But the city won't lower the rent to attract new tenants because then the rates would be below current market value. How twisted is that bit of city council policy making logic?

Another completed survey, I would like to see the results, I'll Email you later

thanks Todd

Survey results can be found at the following links:

Non-Pilots:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yha0efl2b9...02192013.pdf?m

Pilots:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7r9iw75o4...02192013.pdf?m

Many thanks to those who participated in the survey and to those who made meaningful contributions to the topic through personal e-mail correspondence and discussion board posts.

Thanks TIMBO70

Excellent survey!

Hmmm, I didn't know there was a flight sim pilot survey as well; I'm in the union of the two sets!

I've often taken to the skies in Rise of Flight when weather has cancelled any chance at taking up the Champ; indeed, it was my many years in the virtual air that spurred me on to getting my pilot's license when I retired from the service!

The SPAD XIII is fine practice for the Champ, btw. Just make sure to crank up the turbulence and wind for touch and goes and it really helped me work out wheel landings in an actual aircraft.

The upside for flying combat sims after getting real training is that I can now land much, much better. The downside is that I fly bitplanes a LOT more conservatively than I did before. One may argue that I'm flying the sims more realistically, but I get shot down even more now!

But combat flight sim experience surely cut down the amount of time it took for me to pass the check ride in a real aircraft - heck, in many ways it's easier in the Real World.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.