Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenya needs an EAA Chapter

The video was uploaded to Utube in 2010, so presumably this occurred some time prior to then. Might be worth checking to see if the gentleman is still interested in aviation or has moved on to other adventures first?

A tourist visa for a Kenyan shouldn't be an issue.

My point with the visa wasn't that he couldn't get one, but that he has to apply for one and that takes time, e.g. appointment in advance for interview; then interview; then processing time....

Well then, 'We' as EAA better get on with it then!... Do we have anyone to volunteer to drive the project?
    "If it was supposed to be easy, everybody would be doing it...."

Proud designer / builder of Avian Adventurer ZK-CKE.

Banned
    The drive needs to begin on the inside, c'mon boys it's well worth the effort to ensure that the right ears hear the pitch upstairs. It's a humanitarian good news story-we need one!

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I know that we (someone here) tried to reach out to this gentleman as well as the designer of a similar project a couple of years ago when we first heard about it, without success. I'll have to dig into some old emails on Monday and see where that ended up. We'd love to have him attend convention this summer and hopefully pick up some pointers!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I personally don't think that particular project will ever get past the driving stage!

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

This update was posted less than a year ago; more recently than the first video. I think the EAA needs to keep trying to contact him

Ryan Winslow
    EAA 525529
    Stinson 108-1 "Big Red", RV-7 under construction

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    I know that we (someone here) tried to reach out to this gentleman as well as the designer of a similar project a couple of years ago when we first heard about it, without success. I'll have to dig into some old emails on Monday and see where that ended up. We'd love to have him attend convention this summer and hopefully pick up some pointers!

Hal, here's some info that might help with your follw-up:

Our intrepid flyer's name is Gabriel Nderitu. He may live in Kambirwe Village in Muranga east district.
    The Kenyan TV broadcaster who posted the videos is KTN. Their e-mail may be standardmedia.co.ke
    He tested the plane at Kambirwa airstrip. Hope this helps.

More info:

He is not without some tech background. He is the GM for Fincom Technologies, an IT company in Nairobi. Ph: 254-2027311414; email:info@myfincom.com

Ain't the internet the greatest invention since fire.
    Last edited by Floatsflyer; 02-03-2013 at 02:13 PM.

It sure looks like it is severely under-powered. When he sorts that out, who knows, it may well fly!