Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenya needs an EAA Chapter

Thumbs Up Kenya needs an EAA Chapter

I have to admire this man's spirit and sense of adventure. Maybe Kenya needs an EAA chapter to give him some help. Wilbur and Orville have to be smiling from above.

I say the EAA sponsor a trip for him to come out to Oshkosh for a tour and some hands-on training with the 750 project. Would make a much better story in Sport Aviation than talking about the latest production turboprop coming out.
    Ryan Winslow
    EAA 525529
    Stinson 108-1 "Big Red", RV-7 under construction

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
    I say the EAA sponsor a trip for him to come out to Oshkosh for a tour and some hands-on training with the 750 project. Would make a much better story in Sport Aviation than talking about the latest production turboprop coming out.

That's a great idea and would be a superb gesture of goodwill and fellowship. I couldn't think of a better place to throw a little bit of money at. And throw in some free flight instruction before the poor fellow kills himself.

I have heard that this story is not what it seems on the surface.
    Rumors have it that the guy isn't Kenyan at all, he was really born in Hawaii.
    I got that straight from The Donald, so you can rely on it as true.
    Has anyone seen his birth certificate?

And his choice of materials seems a bit on the heavy side, looks like something Republic would built, has a slight resemblance to an A-10.
    I think he would want to find a cold place with dense air to do his flight testing, maybe Anartica.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 01-31-2013 at 01:42 PM.

If we get into the point of test flight, I'll give him the Samuel P. Langley award for spectacularly failing to achieve flight.

That's a great idea. If anyone serously wants to pursue this, I live in Kenya and would be glad to help facilitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfalcons View Post
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Long View Post
    That's a great idea. If anyone serously wants to pursue this, I live in Kenya and would be glad to help facilitate.

Over to you Hal, Chad and Bryan.

Certainly deserves to be rung up the flagpole and pitched upstairs. Spirit of aviation, goodwill, fellowship, all that EAA stands for for a homebuilder and passionate lover of aviation and a great human interest story for the gathered media at AV. "Third world aviator with literally nothing but a dream to build and fly his own airplane comes to Oshkosh to learn how it's done."

I think this is a great idea. Just a heads up -- Kenya is not a participant in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program, so he would have to go through the application process to obtain a visitor (non-immigrant) visa.

If the man is what he says he is, get him to Oshkosh! The man has passion and vision, and would probably love to have some mentoring to actually get his dream into reality. (and hopefully gain some practical knowledge too!)
    As someone who designed an aircraft, I commend his vision!
    "If it was supposed to be easy, everybody would be doing it...."

Proud designer / builder of Avian Adventurer ZK-CKE.

There are no guarantees, but if EAA were to invite him and pay his way, it is likely he would get a visa. I have some experience with this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Check 6 View Post
    I think this is a great idea. Just a heads up -- Kenya is not a participant in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program, so he would have to go through the application process to obtain a visitor (non-immigrant) visa.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft