This is just my opinion on the question of having chalets, which is an enclosed viewing tent on the flight line that is usually sold to a corporate or group sponsor. It may have catered food and nice seating and of course be more expensive.

Just for me, as a longtime EAA member, I am ok with this if it is kept a small part of the flight line and if it makes significant money for EAA.
I think I read that last year they brought in $100 K to EAA. This is money that can be used to pay for other worthwhile programs or part of the convention costs.

How much of the flight line is ok to give to chalets; 10%, 15%? I don't really know, and I usually watch the show, when I watch it, from the north end, so I may not see an obscured view the same as someone near show center where these tents are. Obviously it would be unacceptable if the tents took over a large part of the viewing area.

This has been a hot topic of contention for some posters on this forum, and I understand the feeling that some people seem to hold that these chalets represent an elite section that gets away from the ordinary guy next door feeling that EAA/OSH has had in the past.
I do think we need some growth upwards at Oshkosh, not just a focus on the simplest and most basic part of EAA.
And if we err, let's do it on the side that serves the most regular folks.

But, if those that plan the show ,keep it in proportion, then I think chalets can be on the right side of risk/reward. I'll trust them to do that, until it is shown that it goes too far.

By the way, I liked the small ferris wheel for kids near the flymarket last year.