Thread: 2013 Airventure Theme?

2013 Airventure Theme?

What is the major theme/tribute of this year's event?

Here are the previous year's themes that I can remember (every year has multiple tributes, but these are the ones I remember being most heavily advertised):
    2012 - 75th Anniversary of the J-3 Cub / Dick Van Grunsven Tribute
    2011 - 100th Anniversary of Naval Aviation / 25th Anniversary of the Voyager Flight - Burt Rutan Tribute / Bob Hoover Tribute
    2010 - 75th Anniversary of the DC-3 / "Salute to Veterans" Tribute - (Sloshkosh)
    2009 - Airbus History (A380) / Miracle on the Hudson Tribute
    2008 - Boeing History (747 Dreamlifter)

2006 - Big Bomber Review (Lancaster, B24, B17)

2003 - 100th Anniversary of powered flight

I believe a major theme will be the EAA's 60th anniversary (even though it will already be the 61st convention). I suppose that will go together with the Paul Poberezny tribute that was originally announced for last year.
    Sun-n-Fun are celebrating the 75th anniversary of the T-6. That would've been nice as well - one of the reasons for me to come to Oshkosh the first time were the stories of 80+ T-6's in the warbird displays. Sadly that hasn't happened since at least 2003, but such a celebration might have been a reason for T-6 owners to return.
    But I too am surprised about the fact that so little has been released about this summer yet. At the time of ICAS, I remember reading on the EAA website that Mr DiMatteo would be able to release 'exciting' news 'soon'.