Thread: Question - what aircraft did Paul Harvey own?

Question Question - what aircraft did Paul Harvey own?

Hi fellow EAA members,

I'm editing a short article on the late radio celebrity Paul Harvey (who was an EAA member and pilot) for our EAA Chapter 52 newsletter.

I've searched the internet, but can't find any information on aircraft owned by Paul Harvey. Do any of you know what aircraft, if any, he owned?

Thanks for your help !

Antoine
    newsletter co-editor
    EAA 52, Sacramento, California

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Thanks for the link ! I saw it during one of my searches, but didn't read it because I incorrectly assumed it dealt only with model airplanes. Not a good thing to make assumptions, is it?

Article states that Paul Harvey leased a Cessna 411. Does anybody know if he leased or owned any other aircraft. Perhaps not -- he gave up flying because it had become "too regimented."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    Thanks for the link ! I saw it during one of my searches, but didn't read it because I incorrectly assumed it dealt only with model airplanes. Not a good thing to make assumptions, is it?"
    No problem, glad to help out. Your right about assumptions in general, and in aviation can certainly be deadly.

I have a recollection of seeing a picture of him with a Lear--although that may be just my fuzzy mind at work.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    I have a recollection of seeing a picture of him with a Lear--although that may be just my fuzzy mind at work.

Cary
    Hi Cary,

Thanks for the info. I searched the internet, found several references to Harvey's Lear, but unfortunately, no photos.

Antoine

Article states that Paul Harvey leased a Cessna 411. Does anybody know if he leased or owned any other aircraft. Perhaps not -- he gave up flying because it had become "too regimented."
    I met him a number of years ago (the late 1990s) when he came into my hometown as a passenger on a Lear for a speaking engagement and he mentioned a "Cessna twin" and a Baron among a few other planes that I don't specifically recall when I asked what he had flown. He was a very nice man and a lot of fun to sit and talk with. He bought a few of us "young kids" (as he called us) lunch after one of us answered his question about a good non-chain restaurant in town to get food at.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.