Thread: Interplanetary Cessna

Interplanetary Cessna

XKCD comes through again:

http://what-if.xkcd.com/30/

'Course, we ALL know the first airplane on Titan is going to be a homebuilt....

Ron Wanttaja

My question Ron is whether any other contributors to this forum besides you and I have seen XKCD before today. Its a geek's geek comic.

Regards,

Wes
    N78PS
    Last edited by WLIU; 01-29-2013 at 01:21 PM.

I followed XKCD briefly, but never felt a lot of attarction. It's pretentious and prone to bizarre lapses that demonstrate lack of real education (while being educated by finest universities and having all the right diplomas). The end for me came when he discussed crossing a boundary of a lawn, and failing to come to an answer, while it was obvious that the problem was analogous to refraction, and thus guided by Snellus law. Being a mathematician he could've even derived it from the first principles, but he was too busy drawing a comic. It was years ago.

I've seen it when I've been directed by other sites, but it's not one I'd follow, like I did Calvin and Hobbs.
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

Cool link and write-up, thanks for sharing. I don't follow XKCD a lot, but when I see mentions of it, I always click and read.

I'll cop to being a very amateur astrophysics/astronomy nerd, and I read XKCD all the time and love the "what-if" segment. Definitely put a smile on my face when I saw that this morning.
    Tom Charpentier
    Government Relations Director
    EAA Lifetime #1082006 | Vintage #722921

Very cool.

My favorite comic from the site:

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.