Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hangar Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Joe LaMantia View Post
    I have caught several groundhogs in live traps and placed them in the federal re-location program, if you get a possum, be sure and send him out of state...they are really dumb when it comes to traps. Whatever you catch, be sure and take care when you release them they are all wild critters, each with it's own personality. Be sure and let us know what you catch!

Joe
    You're a very kind soul. The fate of a wild critter I catch in my hangar is going to be much more dire. They'll be sent much further than out of state, I reckon.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

My $1 says Wilfred catches it on the 2nd. And it's a possum in drag. Any takers?
    The journey is the reward.

In my experience, when I begin to lose cat food... it is almost always a Raccoon.
    They have big appetities and will eat any amount of cat food you put out.

As others have said, bait a live trap with more cat food and you will catch them easy.
    My advice: Shoot them while they're still in the trap. Don't try to release the Raccoon and then shoot at it. Saw it tried once, hilarity ensued. Didn't end well. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    My secondary theory is bigfoot. LOL
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

My advice: Shoot them while they're still in the trap. Don't try to release the Raccoon and then shoot at it. Saw it tried once, hilarity ensued. Didn't end well. LOL
    My advice is not to shoot the raccoon but to relocate it a few counties away. You have an airplane after all, you could do a couple of STATES away and don't have to kill a raccoon who is just doing his or her thing. No offense intended but I just try to refrain from killing things that I am not going to eat or that are not going to eat me.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I purchased an infra red trail camera today and will set it up later this evening. Will post photo (if I can figure out how) as to what critter I have.

Wilfred

The journey is the reward.

My advice is not to shoot the raccoon but to relocate it a few counties away. You have an airplane after all, you could do a couple of STATES away and don't have to kill a raccoon who is just doing his or her thing.
    Uh, Steve, what do you think is going to happen to the racoon if we use the suggested method of releasing them from an aircraft several states away?

Fun fact: they'll achieve terminal velocity from just 500 ft. AGL.

The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Uh, Steve, what do you think is going to happen to the racoon if we use the suggested method of releasing them from an aircraft several states away?

Fun fact: they'll achieve terminal velocity from just 500 ft. AGL.

They'll just have to do a good RLF (Raccoon Landing Fall).

Ron Wanttaja

My point was that there is no reason to kill something that is not palatable nor a threat. I've live trapped several raccoons over the years and never encountered a problem releasing them. I see enough death and destruction in my professional activities so I try to avoid it in all other aspects of my existence.

They'll just have to do a good RLF (Raccoon Landing Fall).
    That's funny....funny in a way that only a military history geek would fully appreciate but then again, I am one. LOL