Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Icon A5 Request For Weight Increase Exemption Status

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I will tell you this though: When I mentioned that I'm no longer interested in an A5 without power wing fold, I was strongly advised to email the VP, Sales and that "something" could be worked out. So, there must be others who have the same complaint and that "something" to me could only mean a custom built aircraft for those that want retracts and power wingfold.
    The reply I received was disturbing and puzzling. The VP denied saying that "something could be worked out." Instead, he said there was a misunderstanding on my part as there is no plan at this time for auto-wing fold and retracts availability and if it is a must have for me, I should hold off at this point.

Clearly, he was covering his backside because at Oshkosh he obviously spoke without authorization and now regrets the conversation. I let him know with certainty that I was unhappy with his revisionist nonsense. Just call it one more customer disatisfaction experience with Icon. We move on.

Hi everyone have been away from watching whats happening at icon for approx 6months and just checked their site recently to find the price has risen from $139000 to $189000 which will increase higher with trailer and options where will the price stop ??? $250000 ??? My question is has a mass exodus started yet or are people still putting deposit money down on an unknown and yet produced aircraft???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kayla95 View Post
    ... price has risen from $139000 to $189000... My question is has a mass exodus started yet or are people still putting deposit money down on an unknown and yet produced aircraft???
    The price increase occurred prior to Oshkosh and the exemption announcement. No surprise there or with the amount of increase plus CPI. Prior to first customer delivery next year with appropriate fanfare on the first day of Oshkosh, you can bet the farm that the price will rise again probably to $199K base. Haven't heard of any defections and they were definitely taking new promotional deposits of $2,000 this year.

icon A5

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    The price increase occurred prior to Oshkosh and the exemption announcement. No surprise there or with the amount of increase plus CPI. Prior to first customer delivery next year with appropriate fanfare on the first day of Oshkosh, you can bet the farm that the price will rise again probably to $199K base. Haven't heard of any defections and they were definitely taking new promotional deposits of $2,000 this year.
    Hey floats has everyone lost interest in this thread or is there another one somewhere its been a while but im back. With the FAA weight exemption they have made the cap-chute system mandatory what cost will this add$$$ what's your estimated base price now? Also is there any photos or videos on the A5 at Oshkosh anybody?