Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight and balance

Weight and balance

Does anybody have the cg weight and balance sheet for a yarrow arrow 2 ?

I am going to make a few assumptions here as the request is not very detailed. If my assumptions are not correct ignore what might be known information
    Each aircraft has it's own W&B sheet that actually should change each time a piece of equipment is changed, or moved. The W&B sheet is a product of actual measurements and calculations on each aircraft. These calculations are checked against designed limits by the designer/kitter. A blank work sheet might look like this http://members.eaa.org/home/homebuil...ce%20Form.html
    and FAA Doc H-8083-1 documents the creation of this form and graphing load limits. http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...-H-8083-1A.pdf

Since the Arrow 2 is a homebuilt there are usually no standard sheets like found on a certified aircraft.

Yes I believe in what your saying but every kit built aircraft I have built has a specific location for the forward and aft cg limitations given by the company ,and this is what I am looking for or am I making it harder then it is.

Actually Wayne not harder... you want the CG limits of the Arrow. Now that is "calculations are checked against designed limits by the designer/kitter"
    These limits vary with the airfoil and to a degree with the airframe moments ( correct me if I forgot something here gang) .
    Now we can go out and research your inquiry.

this from a EAA365 forum thread.

Hi John - I have a Yarrow Arrow II that I have flown since 2000. I have done a complete restoration and flown it for 370 hours. Contact me at dennisr5@telus .net and I will send you any information I can.
    Dennis Richardson

Thanks guys appreciate it.Dennis I tried to email you but my mail program would not work email me @stinky@mtintouch.net

I am going through this right now finishing up my condition inspection. Here is the formula that is used on this Fisher Avenger tail Dragger:

R x L=____ / w = _____ + D = CG

R= Wieght of Tail wheel
    L= Distance to tail wheel from main wheel
    W= Wieght of aircraft
    D= Datum ....Mine is the leading edge of my wing from the main wheel center. This is my Datum.

Not sure if this is of any help.

Fly Smart

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    I am going through this right now finishing up my condition inspection. Here is the formula that is used on this Fisher Avenger tail Dragger:

R x L=____ / w = _____ + D = CG

R= Wieght of Tail wheel
    L= Distance to tail wheel from main wheel
    W= Wieght of aircraft
    D= Datum ....Mine is the leading edge of my wing from the main wheel center. This is my Datum.

Not sure if this is of any help.

Fly Smart

39 x 139 = 5421 / 563 = 9.628 + 4 = 13.628 cg range 12.5 - 17.5

Me in the airplane no fuel...As you see I fall within my CG..

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    39 x 139 = 5421 / 563 = 9.628 + 4 = 13.628 cg range 12.5 - 17.5

Me in the airplane no fuel...As you see I fall within my CG..
    But now fill the tanks:

33 x 139 = 4587 / 609 = 7.532 + 4 = 11.532

Now I am outside my CG or forward of my cg range by 1 inch.... Also note gross wieght of my airplane is 600. I am over by 9 lbs. This is with a full load of fuel, I could leave a gallon and half in the gas can and still have over 4 hrs fuel on board burning 1.5 gallons and hr. So I am not quite done yet. Still more work to do.

Fly Smart..Do not fly an out of CG airplane.

The datum line is what I am not sure about where it actually is on this bird.The rest of it I can do but?