Thread: Login Timeout

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Login Timeout

Greetings,

I was working on a post in Warbirds, about 5 min in the editor. When I went to post I was dumped to a "need to log in" page. Hitting the Back button just bumped me to the same screen. All work on the post was lost.

Suggestion: set the "inactive" auto logout to a longer period, at least 15 minutes. Also, if there is a way to suspend the timer while in the editor, that would be good as well.

Thanks,
    Blue skies and tailwinds,
    ~FlyBoyJon

Jonathan Wanzer
    Pilot, Mechanic, Instructor, Student
    Email | Website | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Tumblr | LinkedIn

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Looking into this one, Jon - looks like it was already set for about 15 minutes, so I must be missing a setting somewhere else. Thanks!

Hal,

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of the work you are doing. I know what a pain in the butt this kind of site stuff can be. I have spent more than a few all-nighters in server rooms.

Thanks again,
    ~Jon
    Blue skies and tailwinds,
    ~FlyBoyJon

Jonathan Wanzer
    Pilot, Mechanic, Instructor, Student
    Email | Website | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Tumblr | LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoyJon View Post
    Greetings,

I was working on a post in Warbirds, about 5 min in the editor. When I went to post I was dumped to a "need to log in" page. Hitting the Back button just bumped me to the same screen. All work on the post was lost.

Suggestion: set the "inactive" auto logout to a longer period, at least 15 minutes. Also, if there is a way to suspend the timer while in the editor, that would be good as well.

Thanks,
    Not sure if you want to do this or not, but when logging in, there is an option you can click that should allow you to stay logged in more or less forever. When you come back tomorrow, you can go straight to the forums, without logging in.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.