Thread: Group Camping in Camp Scholler

Group Camping in Camp Scholler

Where exactly will the group camping be? 36th st or further west?

Group camping is wherever you group can find a spot when the group arrives. EAA will reserve a spot for groups, but it is rather expensive since you have to pay from day one when Scholler opens.

The group i've been camping with has a couple of folks that stake sites the week before the show starts. We only have to pay for additional week.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Our EAA chapter just has one group that goes up there early and buys spaces for everybody who has claimed they were coming. I don't know when they get up there, but they're usually around the eastern most shower hut. I camped with them one year when my airplane was down.

Exactly what is the group camping policy? One year I arrived mid-wk and promptly got my 5th wheel stuck in the mud . They pulled me out with the tractors and deposited me in a space next to a group in a group camping area. The leader of the group said I didn't belong there (although there were several vacant spaces around the edges of various groups). Seems a waste not to fill-in spaces in the middle of the week!

Unless the space is paid for, it's fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Unless the space is paid for, it's fair game.
    Thanks ... that's what I thought! The space wasn't theirs or marked-off, etc., so I guess some people are just "territorial!" LOL! They were rather "frosty" at first, but relaxed a bit when they saw my son and I were quiet, responsible campers. I think we won them over - by the end of the week, we even pulled-out of our space during the last day and repositioned to a large vacant area for an early departure the next a.m. so as not to disturb the group with the noise of our departure (diesel pickup)- they seemed very friendly by then!
    "Kill them with kindness!" HA!

I'm the ground organizer for B2OSH ( bonanzas to Oshkosh formation).

5 years ago, just before the group flew in, A mooney pulled up and parked right in the middle of where the formation group was probably going to be parked--went up to him and explained that he was soon to be surounded with a bunch of bonanzas---but he was welcome to stay if he wanted--since he had already put up his tent--he elected to stay. WELL--he put up with a lot of kidding during the week--but we included him in a lot of our activities. The next year--that mooney pilot had sold his plane, bought a bonanza, got the required formation training and has been flying in the formation to Oshkosh ever since

Your right Jaustinmd--kill them with kindness !!!!
    Kevin