Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P-MAG adapter and tach problem

I'm thinking simpler solution like a RC network or just a diode/cap/resistor sized to extend the signal (although it will distort it some).

1600vw I had one of those tachs on my ultralight (to replace the unreliable westach go figure) was called tiny tach and I did have good luck with it. The MGL works fine off the magneto but now it's about the challenge!
    Last edited by Racegunz; 01-29-2013 at 11:21 AM.

The advantage of Racegunz' solution is that a little RC bridge needs no external power, while 555 does.

That is true but we do not know how sharp or clean the pulse needs to be for the EFIS to accept it. So I will suggest that a guy like myself will always try to offer suggestions that I know will work, rather than an approach that will require more fiddling and actual electronics knowledge. But my approach is tempered by the fact that I have a background that includes this stuff.

Also, if you mount the circuit behind the EFIS, a logical location for signal conditioning interfaces, power and ground are readily available. But either option can likely be made to work, and a guy who knows how to use an O'scope is half way to knowing how to solder a solution up.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

To anyone interested The R/C circuit did not work, but I fixed the problem..............I installed a Dynon EMS D-10 picked the signal up no problems. The MGL E-1 will go on my Sonerai when its done.