Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New EAA.........again?

It would be nice to get an update from the BOD on where they are in the process of selecting a new President. I have to assume there is nothing yet to report? Or did I miss something and Jack P. is more than an interim president? If not I can't see him doing much more than holding the controls straight and level until the new President is selected. Then once they do the "positive exhange of controls" things will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    It would be nice to get an update from the BOD on where they are in the process of selecting a new President. I have to assume there is nothing yet to report? Or did I miss something and Jack P. is more than an interim president? If not I can't see him doing much more than holding the controls straight and level until the new President is selected. Then once they do the "positive exhange of controls" things will happen?
    I have the impression that Pelton is in charge for the forseeable future. Not sure how I came to that conclusion, but that's my reading of the tea leaves. I don't have a problem with it - I don't know much about him, nor would I know much about any replacement the EAA could name tomorrow.

It would appear that Jack Pelton may be on some sort of "probation." If all goes well perhaps he may be appointed President and that would be if he even wanted it. It still seems odd. The "rank and file" EAA members are not and will not be privy to what has lead up to this arrangement. We are condemned to the "don't ask, don't tell, just pay, spend and volunteer" policy. After all, it's our organization, right?

Nevertheless, I think Jack Pelton is a good choice.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindberg View Post
    The "rank and file" EAA members are not and will not be privy to what has lead up to this arrangement. We are condemned to the "don't ask, don't tell, just pay, spend and volunteer" policy.
    Rod left.

Jack, as the newly appointed Chairman of the Board, stepped in to the corner office as a volunteer.

That's what there is to know at this point - as Marty suggested yesterday, there's really nothing else to report.

If you're dissatisfied with the amount of information you've been given, the proper channel for that feedback is:

feedback@eaa.org

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Van just posted a very interesting article on the company's Facebook page talking about the recent EAA changes and giving a plug for the Experimenter.

http://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsr...18574&__user=0
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Rod left.

Jack, as the newly appointed Chairman of the Board, stepped in to the corner office as a volunteer.

That's what there is to know at this point - as Marty suggested yesterday, there's really nothing else to report.

If you're dissatisfied with the amount of information you've been given, the proper channel for that feedback is:

feedback@eaa.org

Well, Hal I would say that there is more to report, but for now I can accept the words of Jack Pelton as at least a hint the Rod Hightower was heading in the wrong direction when he said, As an association we must remain focused on the original mission of our founder, Paul H. Poberezny, to welcome all members no matter what they fly, celebrate our volunteers, and treat our employees fairly” (Thank you fleffler for providing the information from Facebook.) I'd like to know more about the "treat employee's fairly" thing. This should be in the open. Rumors thrive in environments of secrecy.

Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by 58boner View Post
    Sorry but I have tried to become active in three different chapters and have not found success. My experience has been the folks at these gatherings were snobbish or more interested in the lunch than airplanes. I've had more fun hanging out with the locals at the little strip where I keep my plane. Some of them belong to EAA but have no local chapter. WTH, maybe it's me!
    We as a group are never snobbish, but sometimes a grill full of food overides airplanes.

We as a group are never snobbish, but sometimes a grill full of food overides airplanes.
    ....is there something wrong with that? Some of the best cooks I know are EAA members.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Chapters depend a lot on chemistry....we've had people visit that thought we were yahoos making dangerous contraptions ("excuse me, did you say Volkswagon bug as an engine choice?) to ultra high techies discussing trim control actuator arms and display options in the cockpit.

In the latter I usually get glassy eyed and mutter "wrist pin" when it gets into deep territory. Never fails to get a laugh.

That and we're very polite and welcoming super type A pilot/builders, which means we will include and ignore participants in conversations in a minute-by-minute fashion. I fit right in, but I can see how it could be off-putting to many.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

My EAA chapter experience was always that they were welcoming to newcomers and visitors...until I moved to Santa Barbara and was basically ignored. I joined anyway and later became chapter president, and I personally greeted every newcomer and visitor and explained to them that the onus was on them to break the ice with the members, because that was the only way they'd be included. Unfortunately, not every chapter like Santa Barbara's has someone like me. The SB chapter may not be like this anymore, but it's really up to the new guy on the hangar row to break the ice with whatever community he moves in to.