In the January, 2013 edition of Sport Aviation, there is an article by Budd Davisson, "So You Wanna Build an Airplane?" In the article Mr. Davisson says about photographs of the building of the experimental airplane, "Just be sure a good number of them have you in them doing something at various points in the build, and be sure to have the date-stamp feature of the camera turned on ..." Is this official FAA policy that will be enforced rigorously by either an FAA inspector or DAR, or is it the opinion of the author?

The reason I ask is that I have already completed all of the tail section of my home build. During that build, I didn't have the date-stamp feature turned on for some of the photos. Neither did I take more than a few shots that have me in the photos since I think the partially-completed hardware is more important than I am.

So, do I now have to scrap the horizontal and vertical stabilizers, elevators and rudder that I built, buy a new set of aluminum stock and components from the vendor and build another set of the same thing to ensure that I have numerous pictures of me doing the building, all rigorously date-stamped in accordance with the dictates of the article in Sport Aviation?