Thread: Instrument Range Markings

Instrument Range Markings

Anyone know where I can get Falcon 2 1/4 airspeed gauges silk screened? I tried going with the range marking stickers on the outside of the glass but I'm not thrilled with the results. Aircraft Spruce told me Falcon will do it but I called Falcon and they indicated that wasn't the case. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have had good luck with Century Instruments in Wichita - http://www.centuryinst.com/PriceList...Price_List.pdf

The only challenge that you have is that they won't just silkscreen the face, they have to yellow tag the unit ( more $$). There must be an instrument shop somewhere near you. Ask around a larger FBO as to who they send their instrument work to.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

why would it need a yellow tag?

In the past, any instrument shop could put decals on the face of an instrument. Perhaps they won't/don't do it anymore? I'd be curious to hear why the company that builds the instrument won't put markings on it specified by the cusomer.

My understanding is that their policy is that they only repaint instrument faces on units that they have opened and certified airworthy. That is just their business practice. Probably a liability concern. Not a regulatory requirement.

A more local shop might be more flexible.

My situation has usually involved an instrument with uncertain history so the overhaul is part of the service I ask for. If you have a new instrument, you likely do not want to pay for recertification just to get the face painted. But if you can't find a shop that will just mark the face, then Century is an option.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS