Thread: 75th Anniversaay of the Aeronca Chief

75th Anniversaay of the Aeronca Chief

2013 will be the 75th year after beginning the production of the Chief design. I became aware of this while reading on the forum of the NAA Site the other night and have asked around about the interest of Chief Owners/afficionadoes (sp?), other Aeronca fans and Vintage aircraft folks in general about their possible interest in a Fly-In event for this noble aircracfts' big birthday. There has been some interest and suggestions made how to best organize such an event. I would like to hear from EAA members and especially from Vintage Aircraft owners/users (especially Aeronca owners/users) your views on this idea.

I welcome your comment to this address or my personal E-Mail <tmail51a@gmail.com>

The fifth annual "Assembly of Aeroncas" will be held in September this year at Shreveport North (62PA) and there is a big Aeronca gathering in Ohio each year. The Cub folks did their thing at Oshosh last year. What did you have in mind and where? You might also want to drop a line to robert@aeronca.org the president of the Aeronca Aviators Club. He has been trying to get folks to sponsor Aeronca regional fly ins for quite some time now. The key to a successful fly in is good weather and lots of food.... I can help if you get this started...
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania