Thread: Heel brake pedal for an 11 AC

Heel brake pedal for an 11 AC

OK, I'm desperate, does anyone have or know of the whereabouts of a heel brake pedal for an 11 AC (Chief) ? Thanks

Edgefly
    Last edited by EDGEFLY; 12-17-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Sp

It doesn't look like all that complicated piece of machinery. Can't you have one made?
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Probably so, however since the two I have are different, and I have thus far been unable to obtain drawings for the correct part, I thought it best to start building based on what the part should really be. IMHO, some "shade tree mechanic" already made at least one bad decision(or maybe two ?) in some hasty attempt to somehow get the brakes operating some. I strongly prefer my work or some that I contract out to be based on a practical basis. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any Chief's based close to me (KELZ) but, maybe that will be my best hope. I have already searched the type club and commercial vendors to no avail. Also, the tandem (Champ) setup uses a different leverage system and thus different a pedal design. Thanks for responding, Jerry.

Edgefly

Edgefly,

Try these resources. Someone will either have what you're looking for, or the drawing you need to get one made.

National Aeronca Association:
    http://www.aeroncapilots.com/

fearless Aeronca Aviators (f-AA):
    http://aeronca.westmont.edu/

The NAA has a web based forum for asking questions & the f-AA is an email based list. They are the best resources you can have as an 11AC owner.

Don H

If you can't get what you need from the references listed, let me know and I'll measure and take pictures of mine and a reasonably good mechanic should be able to duplicate them.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375

11 AC Brake Pedal

Quote Originally Posted by EDGEFLY View Post
    OK, I'm desperate, does anyone have or know of the whereabouts of a heel brake pedal for an 11 AC (Chief) ? Thanks

Edgefly
    I wish to thank all of you who contributed and advise that I have received the necessary design data for the subject brake pedal. This information was provided by a staff member of the NAA and photography by a senior member of that group. I am still looking for an available part for purchase but don't require further assistance other than that.

Edgefly

Another follow up on the heel brake pedal. I managed to locate one for sale with it's original harness and just went ahead and bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by EDGEFLY View Post
    Another follow up on the heel brake pedal. I managed to locate one for sale with it's original harness and just went ahead and bought it.
    See...good thing DO happen to good people....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375