Thread: Vision Micro System !000

Vision Micro System !000

Any help just purchased the aircraft stoped for fuel and RPM and F/F is all I have.checked and cleaned all connections

I recommend you search the Vans Air Force Forum, there is an individual that specializes in the VM 1000 series.

Quote Originally Posted by lancair iv View Post
    Any help just purchased the aircraft stoped for fuel and RPM and F/F is all I have.checked and cleaned all connections
    JPI claims to support the VM 1000 units, but when you call, it's pretty difficult to get anyone there to admit to it, or even more difficult to get any actual support. However, they may supply you with some of the wiring diagrams and such. A GlasAir owner is currently in my hangar removing a VM1000 from his plane for upgrade to another unit and should have everything intact in usable condition. If you are in need of spares for your unit, PM me and I'll put you together with him.

-CubBuilder

I had heard the rumors of JP Instruments not being very helpful to VM-1000 customers, too, but my own recent experience with them was quite different. They were very helpful and friendly. I suggest you call them and see what they can do for you. Just understand that the VM-1000 is an obsolete product, so there are limits on what they can do for you. Here is their number in Costa Mesa, CA -- 1-800-345-4574.

Right Dave. I didn't mean to imply that JPI doesn't try to help. They are good people. Just that they are short on "hands on" experience with the VM-1000 as it was a product line that they didn't develop and is now obsolete.

-CubBuilder

Thanks I have located a complete unit in Canada and will install it tomorrow fingers crossed,,
    Quote Originally Posted by cub builder View Post
    Right Dave. I didn't mean to imply that JPI doesn't try to help. They are good people. Just that they are short on "hands on" experience with the VM-1000 as it was a product line that they didn't develop and is now obsolete.

-CubBuilder